Health & Safety
At McHugh Civil Engineering Ltd we take our commitment to safety very seriously. The lives of our staff on and off site are of paramount importance. We are committed to continuous improvements in Health & Safety standards to comply with current legislation under the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and client requirements.
McHugh Civil Engineering Ltd recognises that each site and each job is different and =
accordingly, each site/job is assessed to identify the particular safety concerns it presents. Full site-specific method statements, risk and COSHH assessments are produced for all works carried out. We continually reassess health & safety as work progresses and the conditions on site change. Daily briefings and ‘tool box talks’ are delivered by our trained site supervisors. In this way we aim to ensure that all site hazards are accounted for and the risks to employees, visitors and passers-by are minimised or where possible removed.
Reliable, well-serviced equipment is essential to safety on site. McHugh Civil Engineering Ltd owns and maintains all the equipment used on site which is routinely inspected and monitored to ensure it operates to the highest levels of efficiency and safety. We are committed to providing our subcontractors with appropriate high quality safety and personal protective equipment.
Training & Information
Health & Safety is part of our culture and all our employees and subcontractors are aware of their responsibility in ensuring a safe working environment for themselves and their colleagues. It is a strict requirement that all of our operatives hold valid CSCS cards and are continuously updated on Health & Safety matters. We regularly organise Health & Safety training.
Inspection & Monitoring
We believe that to ensure continued compliance, it is essential to continually inspect and monitor the site, our equipment and our people. We contract a specialist third party health & safety consultancy; Complete Health & Safety to provide inspection, monitoring and risk assessment at all stages of a project.
We can provide training at one of our associated training centres.
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely in Construction
- CITB Site Managers Safely Training Scheme (SMSTS) Course
- CITB Site Managers Safely Training Scheme (SMSTS) Course Refresher
- CITB Site Supervisors Safely Training Scheme (SSSTS) Course
- CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Course (SSSTS) Course Refresher
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Health & Safety
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Principles of Risk Assessment
- Working at Height, including safe use of ladders and step ladders
- Principles of Manual Handling
- Asbestos Awareness
- Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)